- macOS High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina
- from Logic Pro X 10.2 and up
- Unpack the .zip file
- Open the disc image
- Move GainControl to the Applications folder
- Open GainControl
- Define custom key commands and MIDI controller
FIRST TIME USE
The first time you use GainControl, it will ask permission to control System Events.
- Click 'OK'
- Click 'Open System Preferences'
- Unlock to make changes
- Enable the checkbox next to GainControl
- From the menu bar icon, open Preferences
- Enter the license you received and click Activate
- If you need assistance, please contact us.
A single license allows you to install it on three different systems.
OPEN AT LOGIN
By default, GainControl starts when you login. You can change this in the Preferences, which you can open from the top menu bar icon.
PlugSearch runs as a background menu-bar application. You can find it's icon in the top right menu-bar. From there, you can access Preferences and quit GainControl.
HOW TO USE
Use the key commands to change the gain of selected audio regions. You can change the key commands in the preferences window of GainControl.
You can also use MIDI messages to change the gain. You can set the input port and CC number in the preferences.
- Always keep the region inspector window open, GainControl operates directly on the gain parameter in that window